Monday, May 18, 2009

Bedtime for Button


Bedtime For Buttons
When I was a child, I loved listening to my parents telling us stories about the day we were born, about the things we were learning as a baby, or how I would drive mom crazy with my sleeping patterns. I could listen to these kind of stories over and over! I think that is why I enjoyed reading Bedtime for Button by Amber Stewart and Layn Marlow. When little Button is afraid of falling asleep because of the dreams he might have, Daddy Bear knew exactly what to do. Daddy Bear's description of that special day is beautiful, so precise, so clear. He starts by describing how the weather felt that day, the little things he did on that day as he prepared himself for Button's arrival. The illustrations are an excellent companion to the story, the drawing and the colors are soft which matches the calm and sweet language used in the book.
Layn Marlow was also the illustrator for the book Little by Little, a book I reviewed last year here at My World/Mi Mundo..




No comments: