Thursday, April 22, 2010

HAPPY EARTH DAY!


The EARTH Book
For the past 40 years, we have been celebrating Earth Day. I can't think of a better book to share with my early primary ELL students than Todd Parr's newest book: The Earth Book. This is his latest publication and the timing is just perfect. I have blogged about Todd Parr's books before because I believe he is such an amazing writer for our little ones. Our younger ELL students have learned so much from  him because as a writer he keeps his language structure predictable for students to feel successful. He keeps a good rhythm and his sentences are not too long. The amazing illustrations support his messages so beautifully. With just one fantastic books, my ELL students learned different things that they can do to take care of our planet Earth. And of course, the super poster at the end of the book sums up everything you learned throughout the book.

Todd Parr, you never disappoint us!  Your newest book is fantastic and my ELLs are already devouring!
Enjoy the journey and Happy Earth Day!

No comments: