Monday, October 13, 2008

Words, Words Everywhere

I love books that teaches or encourages children to learn, play or discover new words. When I am saying this, I don't have only the ELL children in mind, but actually ALL children regardless whether English is their first, second, or third language.

are books that invite children to learn new words in context, in a world that makes sense to them. In this latest book, the author invites us to take a journey during the holiday season, zooming in events that give you hope, peace and joy. Children will definitely understand words like perseverance, thoughtful, moderation and appreciative because the context, the story is one anyone will enjoy and appreciate. 
Christmas Cookies: Bite-Size Holiday Lessons

The first time I picked up a book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal was when I read Cookies: Bite-sized Life Lessons. Since then, I fell in love with her books!  Needless to say, I am excited about her latest book since it is just perfect for this Holiday season (it is crazzzy that I am already thinking about The Holidays!)
Cookies: Bite-Size Life Lessons



3 comments:

Sarah Amick said...

I love the Making Cookies book. We love to read it and discuss the "life lessons" we find in that book. We also read a book recently called, "Do Unto Otters" A phenomenal book about a rabbit that has otters move in as neighbors. Celebrating the ideas, differences, of others while teaching them how to treat others respectfully. Try it out!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me about Cookies. :) it really is a fabulous book.

Last year (a non-peanut allergy year in my class) we spent a whole day talking about that book, and made cookies together so we could experience all the things in the book.

Amanda Villagómez said...

I tagged you for a 7 random things meme in case you would like to post about it. Here is my post: http://enbuscadeequilibrio.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-random-things.html

I don't think you usually read the blog I posted on. You have usually read my review one: www.mrsvsreviews.blogspot.com.