1. I graduated from OSU with a master's degree! (after a couple of years!)
2. I started a blog! Oh My World-Mi Mundo was born this year!
3. I made great new friends across Ohio some through this blogging world, some from professional organizations and some from Columbus Library (yes, that's you Katie and Angie!)
4. I have a new teaching partner and a new friend (welcome Michelle to the ESL world)
5. I went to Argentina after a couple of years.
6. I witnessed the presidential elections in Paraguay and in the USA, both were historical events. A day to remember.
7. I have read TONS of children's books.
8. I witnessed Fabrizio (my nephew's) in his kindergarten class in Paraguay.
9. I taught him how to read and write in a month, and he wrote his first letter to his mom with me.
10. My dear Kevin (a student of mine) learned how to walk and talk again, a true miracle.
As I look back at 2008, I know there are a lot of reasons to feel gratitude right now. And I am. Thank you for being part of My World-Mi Mundo, for becoming a frequent reader and also a friend. May 2009 bring you peace, strength and perseverance to achieve what you dream!
See you next year...(I love saying this!:)