Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It was the night before 2009...

Oh 2008 is ready to embark in a voyage that later on I will just call it "a trip down to memory lane." But it is ok to let him go. Every year when I am ready to write down my reflections or the Best of 2008 in my journal, I like to concentrate on the "good" parts. Every year will have its ups and downs, it is just part of this cycle called "life." So here is my list ( I LOVE making lists!) of just 10 of my "Best of 2008" that I will like to remember...

1. I graduated from OSU with a master's degree! (after a couple of years!)
2. I started a blog! Oh My World-Mi Mundo was born this year!
3. I made great new friends across Ohio some through this blogging world, some from professional organizations and some from Columbus Library (yes, that's you Katie and Angie!)
4. I have a new teaching partner  and a new friend (welcome Michelle to the ESL world)
5. I went to Argentina after a couple of years.
6. I witnessed the presidential elections in Paraguay and in the USA, both were historical events. A day to remember.
7. I have read TONS of children's books. 
8. I witnessed  Fabrizio (my nephew's) in his kindergarten class in Paraguay.
9. I taught him how to read and write in a month, and he wrote his first letter to his mom with me. 
10. My dear Kevin (a student of mine) learned how to walk and talk again, a true miracle.

As I look back at 2008, I know there are a lot of reasons to feel gratitude right now. And I am. Thank you for being part of My World-Mi Mundo, for becoming a frequent reader and also a friend. May 2009 bring you peace, strength and perseverance to achieve what you dream!

See you next year...(I love saying this!:)

Stella Villalba


6 comments:

Karen said...

What wonderful reflections!
Happy New Year to you!!!

Katie Dicesare said...

Stella-
I was just thinking as I was reading your reflections about how powerful blogging can be...for writers and readers to have automatic connections without actually talking with one another. I felt like I was there as you were reflecting about finishing your masters and visiting Paraguay because I had read about your journeys. Happy New Year! To many happy memories in 09!

Katie said...

OSU? As in Oswego State University? I love your blog look and feel!

Ali said...

Sounds like it's been a banner year for you! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Stella will you please contact me. I have a brand new blog; still don't know what I am doing. Would like to link with you.
http://bronzeword.wordpress.com
I'm Jo Ann a writer, and you can check me out on Amazon.
Here is BronzeWord1@yahoo.com

Cassy said...

Feliz Año Nuevo Amiga – que lo disfrutes al máximo!