Thursday, January 1, 2009

One Little Word

Ali Edwards, whose blog I have been following for a long time, invites all of us to think of one word for the beginning of this new year. She explains, "the idea behind the one little word concept is to give yourself something to focus on throughout the year." She has posted ideas that you can read here.  She even has a list of possible words that you can read right here. I have my little word for 2009 but I got to be honest with you, it wasn't too hard to decide: it is my favorite word, my motto in life. And with this thought I would like to introduce to my 2009 word: BELIEVE.

I really never thought how much this word means to me, or how this word is a reflection of me until I saw the dedicatory that my friend Natali wrote when she gave me the book The Last Lecture as a graduation present. Honestly, it was the best message of 2008. It brought tears to my eyes because I truly believe in this. I hope you all enjoyed your first day of 2009. Let the journey begin!

No comments: