Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Feb.20, 2009 Inauguration Day



Dear United States of America,

I have been living in your land for the past 7 years, almost 8. I have learned to appreciate and love so many things that this country has to offer. Even though I am not an American citizen, I love this country will all my heart because it has been my second home all these past years. I would like to believe that I am putting my little grain of salt when I decided to come over here and teach immigrants like myself who are looking for a better future in your land. You are a powerful country and you have a lot to offer. You have gone through some rough patches in life. But today I hope you feel that a new beginning has started. The possibilities of change has opened up for you and I couldn't be happier to be here today to witness all of this. I am praying for you America that those promises will become actions. You deserve it. You are a good home to many of us. And although, today there are many people of different religions, political views, languages and ideas living on your land, we all wish you PROSPERITY because today we stand as ONE nation, with hopes of liberty and justice for all. 

Sincerely,
Stella Villalba


2 comments: