Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hanging on...


I took this picture yesterday during our snow day. That tree is in front of my apartment and I couldn't help but noticing the few (like 4) leaves that are still hanging on to that tree. It is almost the end of January, we had windy days, icy days and several snow days. But those leaves keep on hanging to that tree. Doesn't this remind you of the book The Little Yellow Leaf? If you haven't read it, I am more than happy to tell you all about it.  The Little Yellow Leaf  by Carin Berger is the story of this leaf that is just not ready to let go of its tree. Fall is coming, the leaves are turning colors, all the other leaves are ready to fall to the ground and let life takes its course. But the Little Yellow Leaf keeps on saying, "I am not ready yet." Days passes by, weather changes, but the Little Yellow Leaf is still not ready. Until one day, the Little Yellow Leaf meets the Little Scarlet Leaf , who was also still hanging on to a tree. But this encounter gives each other the encouragement and support to "let it go." As the old Beatle song will say, "I'll get by with a little help from my friend." It is my wish for you that in your life, you also have a Little Scarlet Leaf. 

The Little Yellow Leaf










No comments: