Saturday, July 17, 2010

One Smart Cookie

Amy Krouse Rosenthal, you're brilliant and I just ADORE your books!

Now that I got that out of the way, I can start writing about her newest book: One Smart Cookie, just in time for the new school year!One Smart Cookie: Bite-Size Lessons for the School Years and Beyond Get ready to love her new books, just like the others! In One Smart Cookie, Amy invites us to discover a whole new batch of fresh words, tasty new vocabulary for our young ones to devour. From organized, to contribute, to persevere, all these words are so delicious, it's impossible not to go for seconds (multiple reading of the book). I've mentioned this before in my blog and I will say it again, vocabulary enhancement and language development is something that ALL students would benefit from. Not just your English language learners benefit but ALL our children do. So I can't think of a better way to start the year, establishing that community feeling than with one of Amy's books. She gets it. She really does!

No comments: