Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Awwww...music to my ears...


Bedtime With the Beatles (Blue Cover)
oh...I found a new CD I am really excited to add to my classroom collection. My students by now are so used to listening to calm music (sometimes, not everytime). But sometimes when that writing workshop session is going so well, some smooth music seems to encourage even more inspiration.  My new find: Bedtime with the Beatles by Jason Falkner. The songs are the instrumental versions of classic Beatles Songs like Blackbird, Across the Universe, Mother Nature's Son, among other great classics. And I found out that on June 17, they released Bedtime with the Beatles 2. I can't wait to get that one as well. Music, like art, like books is something we all need. 
p.s. Please let me know if there are other great children's cd out there. I love finding new music. Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

Katie Dicesare said...

oh good!...I love the Beatles and use music all the time. I am going to check this out!