Saturday, March 5, 2011

On my last trip to the library...

I started a new section at My World-Mi Mundo called "On my last trip to the library...." where I share some of the books that I checked out from the library. Some of these books might be brand new, just published, and others just worth mentioning and sharing.

Chick 'n' Pug Chick 'n' Pug by Jennifer Sattler is a wonderful story about an adorable Chick who is looking for adventures. So, on his quest for one, he found  a real, live Wonder Pug. Chick found him fascinating, intriguing, a perfect find for an adventurous life. The problem is that this Wonder Pug doesn't want to do much other than sleep and rest. So Chic realizes that sometimes you got to put things in your hands and deal with them. Written with a fantastic sense of humor, and enjoyable illustrations.

Tony Baloney Tony Baloney by Pam Munoz Ryan and Edwin Fotheringham. I bet so many of my students would feel familiar with this scenario: a family with several children in it...and you are stand right in the middle of all that! Oh yes, it's hard to be the middle in the family, you are too old to play with the younger siblings, and you're too old (or immature) to play with the older sibling. So where does fairness stand? is there a middle ground? That's the case for Tony Baloney, an adorable "middle" penguin who seems to be loved by TROUBLE! So what do you do when you feel trapped? Do you have a hiding spot? do you stay away from all siblings? Get into Tony Baloney's life and his family for a peak of what life is or could be all about.

No comments: