Sunday, August 3, 2008

And the award goes to...

Oh what a wonderful surprise I received when I arrived home (right now I am in Paraguay) and notice that Mary Lee from A Year of Reading has awarded this blog with an " Arte y Pic0" Award. To my surprise, I read these words in Spanish and my eyes brighten up completely! I love this expression! ¨Lo Maximo" T (that used to be one of my adolescent words, ya know, the ones you used over and over..ha ha). So thank you Mary Lee for your kind words. Also, I am sorry that the picture of the award is not showing on my blog (yet). I am using a public cyber in South America and things don´t run the way you want all the time. Oh well.

My favorite part of this award is the ¨paying forward¨piece. So, here are the rules to be followed:

Select 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, based on creativity, design, interesting material, and contribution to the blogger community. The blogs can be in any language.

Post a link to each blog so that others can visit.

Each award-winner has to show the award and link to the blogger that awarded it.

The award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show a link to Arte y Pico.

now....(drums playing) the Arte y Pico Award goes to...

Cassy at Reach For More/Aspira a Mas She has a way with language that is absolutely beautiful. Cassy writes in English and in Spanish about her daily life using poetry as a way to express her feelings, reactions and emotions. She also post some great book reviews!

Elsie at A Beutiful Mess. She is one creative soul. Her positive look on life, and her fantastic artwork is truly an inspiration. If you don´t know her yet, please take the time to check her blog. She is amazing!

Ali at http://aliedwards.typepad.com. I have learned a lot about photo and journaling from Ali. I love her simple yet creative ways to express ideas. As a teacher, and as a writing teacher as well, I appreciate her wonderful ideas!

The next blog celebrates the power of words! What an awesome idea is this! One simple word carries a lot of meaning, depending on your point of view, your life experience. Want to know more? Enjoy the combination of art and the meaning of one word http://onelittleword.typepad.com/olw

Are you familiar with the work of Keri Smith? if not, you may want to check out some of her books at http://www.kerismith.com/blog/ where she encourages creativity and writing beyond the traditional norms. She is fun, she is creative, she is full of energy. She is a fantastic author and illustrator!

Now blogger friends...time to pay it forward. Please check out http://arteypico.blogspot.com/
to read a little more about this award. What a great way to encourage each other regardless of our area of expertise!

2 comments:

Mary Lee said...

I figured you would be one of the few who could read the Arte y Pico blog...and I hoped you would let us know if it was all a bunch of hooey.

Recognizing your blog was authentic, not hooey. Great stuff. Love the blogs you recognized -- all new to me (all outside this kidlit corner of the blogosphere...good to get out now and then!)

Ronda Palazzari said...

Thank you for recognizing our little sight. We have seen some many different takes on one little word and have been inspired by all our wordsters!