Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Book Recommendations for Hispanic Heritage Month

Throughout the next two weeks, I will keep sharing with all of you some of my favorite books that would go right along with the upcoming celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month starting September 15 through October 15. In an earlier post here, I shared with all of your a section in Scholastic web page that includes some ideas and lesson plans as part of this month's celebration. 

My second book recommendation is a book also published by Children's Book Press. I highly encourage everyone to visit their website which includes tons of ideas on how to integrate their books into the curriculum. I honestly LOVE their books!


This book comes in perfect for the season ahead of us. Angels Ride Bikes is a beautiful collection of poems that celebrates the Fall season in the city and growing up in Los Angeles! Franciso Alarcon is a talented poet who has a collection of other poem books that I will be sharing with you in the next couple of weeks. I enjoy reading his bilingual poems which are a combination of simple, small, every day moments! 

2 comments:

Susan T. said...

Great series! Thank you for these ideas.

Susan T.
Chicken Spaghetti

Franki said...

I am sooo excited that you'll be sharing these books for 2 weeks! This one is going right on my list!
Thanks:-)