Monday, February 23, 2009

Two things that make me smile on this day...

 Number 1. I've introduced all of you to Capucine yesterday. If you missed it, that's OK. Just click here to find out all about her. She is an amazing, natural storyteller who, at such a young age, is already helping literacy grows in this world. Please take a minute and read her story and the project she has started.  It is worth it. A couple of days ago, Katie, over at Creative Literacy, talked about "literacy being about writing, listening and telling stories". In her post, she is inviting all of us to "embrace our students' storytelling abilities." And with that thought in mind, I would love to share with you one more video of Capucine's storytelling abilities.  




And please, please, help me spread the word about Capucine's Library by posting about her on your blog! Remember, they're raising money to buy books! We, bloggers, can totally understand how important this cause is!



Once upon a time... from Capucha on Vimeo.


Number 2. My World/Mi Mundo has received very kind words on this post at http://diversebooks.blogspot.com  Thank You friends! I am very proud of being part of this challenge. Thanks for starting this wonderful initiative!

1 comment:

Katie Dicesare said...

I could listen to her tell stories all day!!