Sunday, June 15, 2008

Summer Project Number 1= DONE :)




Besides being a teacher and loving it, I have other passions in my life like Photography, art journaling and scrapbooking. Being a teacher (to 68 wonderful ELLs children) and being a graduate student, didn't leave me so much time to play with creativity. So...I am looking forward to investing time this summer in making some art projects with photos, with a little bit of everything. I decided that the first thing I need is a place where I can feel inspired and an organized mess where I can function. My little studio room in my apartment went under some major transformation. I wish I could have take a picture of the before and after like make over shows magazines do. But all I have is pictures of the final product which I must say I am very proud of. I took special notice of the process that it took to get here. I did a lot of great garage sale shopping, actually use coupons to purchase things, something that in the past I just wasn't good at doing it. I purchased things little by little, I took realistic steps to get here since I have way too many things I needed to organized. All I can say that this took TIME and a lot of "before thinking" to complete this project. I can pretty much compared it to the process of writing: a lot of thinking involves, it takes time but when you get to that final piece, you are beaming with proud because you reached the finished line. 
Now...summer art projects...here they come! 

1 comment:

Franki said...

This looks great!
I am afraid to take any photos of my before pictures of my office space but your creation has inspired me! You must want to hang out there all day!