Friday, March 20, 2009

Celebrate!

read it again....
sure I will....
what happens to him?
getting biggger  you know...
when will he stop?
I don't know...
he is on a roll!
I know...he won't stop...
wow! he is huge!
sure he is...after all that food
what's next?
wait and see
a cocoon?
uh-huh
how long will he be there?
wait and see
come on, turn the page
sure I will
a beautiful...
BUTTERFLY!

This is my short poem for two voices to celebrate a favorite book of all times: The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle! This book has been bringing joy to homes and classrooms all around the world for the past 40 years! This poem is an imitation of a conversation that happens between a child and the reader....
This book never failed to impress children and adult alike as the story unfolds. Thanks Eric Carle!
See full size image

3 comments:

susan said...

I'm over 40 and this is my first time reading this. Thank you.

Kelly Polark said...

Cute! My first grader's class has been celebrating Eric Carle's work this month, it's been fun!

Mary Lee said...

Very FUN! I'm hoping we see more originals from you in the future!!!