Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I will miss you abuelita...

My abuelita, my grandma is a special person to me. My love for poetry comes from her. My love for life comes from her and my mom. She is the strength I wish I have. She is the wisdom I aspire to own one day. She is my inspiration. I will miss her greatly because at age 93 she decided to leave us. It will not be easy without her, her singing and her poetry but I can't help but thank God for the amazing gift we all had: we got to know her and best of all, we got to love her in a way that knows no boundaries and no distance. I already miss you grandma...

7 comments:

Katie Dicesare said...

Stella-
My most vivid childhood memories are the times I had with my Grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Franki said...

I agree with Katie--nothing like grandmas. The photo says so much about your relationship with her.
Thoughts are with you.

Stella said...

Thank you my dear friends....gracias for your kind words.

susan said...

You don't know me, but I, too, am holding you in the Light.

Mary Lee said...

Obviously, she'll live on in your heart. Peace and hugs to you and your family.

Katie Scherrer said...

What a beautiful memorial you wrote. Estoy pensanso de ti amiga.

Saii said...

...I wrote my first poem when my grandmother died. I was 12 and she was like a mother to me...


:/