Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Blog Birthday! It's the Magic 2!

Two years ago, My World-Mi Mundo was born. When I started writing on April 11, 2008 I had no idea the amazing journey that creating a blog would be. I am still in awe of all the extraordinary gifts that came after My World-Mi Mundo was born. You may  be wondering what kind of gifts am I talking about? Well, I'm talking about the one you can't buy with money. The kind of gift that fills your heart with nothing else but happiness and gratitude. Let me show you what I mean. Come with me to a  journey of these last two years of being part of the Kidlitbloggers World.


*After spending a great deal of time reading on the web, I  was inspired by these bloggers and their work. Some of these blogs are for educators. Others are related to the visual arts, design and creativity. Regardless of what the topics on these blogs are, I was amazed at the amount of information I was learning from those blogs. There was so much learning and sharing going on that I also wanted to be part of this great experience.

* I joined and learned from the amazing Poetry Challenges that Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers created. So much fun!

*I was happy to share with all of you my special Annual event at my school: The Cultural Festival. A festival that I started 5 years ago and welcomes around 500 people each year.




* I met the extraordinary Columbus Bloggers. We met, got together, and got along beautifully! Together we embraced the Reading Challenge posed by Mother Reader (a favorite of ours!)




* Sharing some of my  Summer Projects at home gave my friends at  A Year of Reading the idea of sharing with each other our classroom spaces. It was a lot of fun to have a peek at each other's daily world.






*Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with all of you has definitely become one of my favorite moments of the year. And of course, hosting Book Giveaways is always fun!


*Joining Poetry Friday has helped me feel stronger about being in a community of bloggers. I look forward to Fridays, to Poetry, to sharing, to inspiration all around! 
* Celebrating Jon Scieszka was just spectacular. My friends at A Year of Reading had this amazing idea to celebrate our first National Ambassador for Young People's Literature. And the fact that Jon Scieszka himself stopped by the blog to visit was just EXTRAORDINARY. 

I'm humbled and thankful for the experience of creating a blog, making a commitment to sharing with others. I'm proud of my  fellow bloggers who inspire me every day with their endless ideas, powerful thinking and deep reflections. I have learned so much in these last two years. I feel honored to be part of the Society of Bloggers in Children's and Young Adult Literature,  our amazing Kidlitosphere Central.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Gracias, Muchas Gracias for being part of My World-Mi Mundo.

Stella Villalba

5 comments:

Mary Lee said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! I'm glad our blogging introduced us and keeps us talking and "talking"!!!

Franki said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Katie Scherrer said...

Hey Stella! Congrats on two years! I miss you for sure girl, but life in Kentucky is good.

So, did you know the one and only Pat Mora (founder of Día de los niños/Día de los libros and author of Book Fiesta! and tons of other amazing books for children) gave a shout out to your blog on her website? It's listed under Educator and Librarian Resources - check it out: http://www.patmora.com/educators.htm

Stella said...

Thank you my dear friends! @ Mary Lee and Franki: I learned so much from you guys everyday. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!
@ Katie: I miss you!! I can't tell you how many times I thought about you during the school year! And, wow! I didn't know about the shout out from Pat Mora's website. I love her, and her work! I'm humbled. :)

Laurina said...

Happy Birthday to your blog! Thank you for your comment on Pat Mora's blog. Bookjoy always, Laurina