"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." John Lennon
Today is March 20th, 2014. To me this mean one thing: the beginning of a new season: Spring!!!! Welcome Spring. I've been waiting for you for quite a while. When I came back from sunny and summer Paraguay (in January), I quickly realized that our winter was going to be a l-o-n-g one. I dreaded those cold, icy days. I desperately needed to focus my attention into something positive, otherwise, I was going to become one grumpy lady (and really, who wants that?). So, I've decided to start a countdown to Spring on Instagram. Every day, for the past 60 days I posted a daily picture of something great that happened that day, something small that made me smile, or a life detail that was just worth capturing (in my opinion).
As I look back on those last 60 days of winter through my pictures I see some amazing beautiful moments. Some of them were small and some were bigger. But they were life moments anyways. Through the lenses of my iPhone, I see...
- nights of quiet and solitude that I adore: a book, a glass of wine, and the view from my couch
- how much of a foodie I am. (I mean, I already know this but so much fun to see the green, the desserts, trying to perfection my crepes, and Jeni's ice-cream, of course
- my friend Christina getting married (I love weddings!)
- my P90X challenge (recording it for accountability)
- Listening to the Columbus Symphony on a chilly February evening
- Kings of Leon's Concert
- Celebrating birthdays and friendships
- Meeting Will Allen at the Evening of All Stars
- Meeting my new nephew Maxlo
- Reading amazing books that feed my soul
- An unforgettable art exhibit at Franklin Conservatory
- Pizza Nights with my boys: a new & beautiful tradition
Oh life, sweet life. "It's what happens when you are busy making other plans," Thanks John Lennon. Great reminder.