Thursday, March 20, 2014

Slice of Life Day 20: Looking back: a Winter Reflection


"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." John Lennon 

Today is March 20th, 2014. To me this mean one thing: the beginning of a new season: Spring!!!! Welcome Spring. I've been waiting for you for quite a while. When I came back from sunny and summer Paraguay (in January), I quickly realized that our winter was going to be a l-o-n-g one. I dreaded those cold, icy days. I desperately needed to focus my attention into something positive, otherwise, I was going to become one grumpy lady (and really, who wants that?). So, I've decided to start a countdown to Spring on Instagram. Every day, for the past 60 days I posted a daily picture of something great that happened that day, something small that made me smile, or a life detail that was just worth capturing (in my opinion). 

As I look back on those last 60 days of winter through my pictures I see some amazing beautiful moments. Some of them were small and some were bigger. But they were life moments anyways. Through the lenses of my iPhone, I see...

  •  nights of quiet and solitude that I adore: a book, a glass of wine, and the view from my couch
  • how much of a foodie I am. (I mean, I already know this but so much fun to see the green, the desserts, trying to perfection my crepes, and Jeni's ice-cream, of course
  • my friend Christina getting married (I love weddings!)
  • my P90X challenge (recording it for accountability)
  • Listening to the Columbus Symphony on a chilly February evening
  • Kings of Leon's Concert 
  • Celebrating birthdays and friendships
  • Meeting Will Allen at the Evening of All Stars
  • Meeting my new nephew Maxlo
  • Reading amazing books that feed my soul
  • An unforgettable art exhibit at Franklin Conservatory
  • Pizza Nights with my boys: a new & beautiful tradition
Oh life, sweet life. "It's what happens when you are busy making other plans," Thanks John Lennon. Great reminder. 









4 comments:

travelinma said...

Wonderful post. Photos really do capture life in timeline form. Thanks so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Taking photos as a way to search for a happy moment in each day reminds me of how slice of life keeps my eyes open each day for a story! I love it! Your moments show a life well lived. Happiness indeed.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of reflecting on life through photos. I might have to try this! ;)

Karen said...

Stella - I love that quote. And I am so glad I reread it to remind me what a good mantra for living it is.
It sounds like you had an amazing winter, even during the cold and dreary times. Now, it's time for me to get my "foodie" going too! :)