Sunday, March 9, 2014

Slice of Life Day 9: This week's reflection and invitation

Two Writing Teachers encourages us to write daily during the month of March: small, big, quiet or loud moments....they all count

Every year, my church prepares this small Lent cards that are given at the end of mass. For each week during Lent, there is an invitation on what to focus on. It's a way to prepare ourselves during this time of Lent by thriving on one thing as a community of believers. This tradition has become my favorite one. Every week, during Lent, I look forward to what will be written on these cards.

This is the message we received today:




I love the way this is written but one particular sentence stood out to me: breaking promises takes a lot of energy-ours and that of our loved ones. I never thought of it this way but boy this is so truth. Even when I break promises to myself, the disappointment is such an awful feeling to fight. So, yes...this week, let's do what we say we are going to do. Sounds like a great beginning step.

3 comments:

Delighted said...

Wow! I had never really thought of it that way before either. Thank you for sharing.

Kay said...

I like that tradition. The reflection you shared gives much to think about.

JenniferM said...

Ooh, I love this, Stella! Like you, I'd never thought about how broken promises cost energy... definitely something to think about! Thanks for sharing!