Sunday, March 30, 2014

Slice of Life Day 30 Sweet Spring Break

I'm loving so many things about this Spring Break. Slowing down time always has such a renewing effect on all of us especially because as teachers we know we are going to need a lot of energy the next couple of months.

This Spring break I loved...
  • Spending  endless hours on the couch reading


  • taking random naps


  • Working out & dancing (always)


  • Catching up with friends outside the work place

  • Discovering an International Market that has great goodies from around the world!


  • Spending time with some fabulous people (big and small)



  • Enjoying one or too many cups of coffee at my neighborhood coffee shop




  • Watching snow fall one more time. *sigh*

  • Discovering amazing places around Columbus like...

The Crest GastroPub : 2855 Indianola Ave. Columbus 


Native Cold Pressed : Raw & Organic Juice 771-A N. High St. Columbus



Phatt Taco: Address: 50 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215


C'est Si Bon Cafe: Address: 2258 E Main St, Columbus, OH 43209


  • Cooking at Home is always a favorite! 




  •  Attending Film Columbus where short films (all done here in Ohio) where shared with the public. 



  •  Going to my favorite coffee place: Mission Coffee in the Short North. Best coffees and amazing atmosphere




  • Enjoying the time to read, reflect and write....write and write. 


  • Celebrating my bestie's birthday! Happy birthday to one of the most loyal person I know!



6 comments:

Cathy said...

Stella,
It looks like you had a fabulous break full of friends, food, books, relaxation and coffee. I enjoyed seeing your photos of your fun. I may have to borrow your idea for my post today. I woke up this morning feeling a little mad at myself for not accomplishing much on my spring break list, but then I read your post. I realized I didn't accomplish "the dos" perhaps, but instead I had an amazing week doing things I like to do. When I saw how much you had done this week, I realized how much I had done as well.

Thanks for sharing,
Cathy

Karen said...

I love this post, Stella. You are so grounded in enjoying the pleasures around you; truly a role model for us all.
I see you made it to the Crest. Can't wait for our trip to happen as well!
Enjoy and savor this last day!

Loralee said...

What a wonderful list of living in the moments!

Loralee said...

What a wonderful list of living in the moments!

Holly Mueller said...

I had to read your post today because both Deb Frazier and Cathy Mere gave you a shout out for your joyful message. :-) You're always positive, and that's an inspiration. LOVE the recap of your break - it sounded fantastic!

Rissa said...

Sounds like a vacation well spent! Enjoy getting back to reality. Summer vacation is right around the corner!