Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Slice of Life Day 26: A Snicker of Magic

If you could only see how my copy of the book A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd looks like, you'll understand so much. This is one of those rare books that have it all. Let me explain. This book has great characters, amazing relationships, it's sad and happy reality, it has magic (tons of that!) and lines that are completely unforgettable. The combination of all this ingredients makes A Snicker of Magic an unforgettable Spring Break read. I had to text my former co-worker at my last school who is a children's book lover and fanatic like I am and share it with her! ( I miss talking to you about books Jess!)


What is this story all about? Well, first of all, Felicity Pickle is a girl you will just love. She collects words that people are thinking about, or words that describe their feelings or who they are. In her mama's van, The Pickled Jalapeño, she has traveled everywhere. But all this traveling is starting to wear her out. Her soul and heart needs a place she can call home. Now Felicity's family is passing by a magical town "Midnight Gulch" that not only have enchanting stories but it also has an explanation for Felicity's past, present and hopefully future.
Natalie Lloyd has mad talents! Her writing is simply amazing. I have so many amazing quotes to share but I'll pick just one:

"It's so weird how life is so full of moving around-people coming and going, people passing by each other all day long. You never know which person's going to steal your heart. You never know which place is going to settle your soul. All you can do is look. And hope. and BELIEVE."



3 comments:

Linda B said...

I'm glad you didn't tell too much, because I have it, but still haven't read it. Thanks Stella-lots of book love in this!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great book. I will put it on my list of books to read. Thanks!

Karen said...

Stella - I loved this book as well. The language, the characters - what is not to love?!! I'm glad you've spent spring break enjoying some wonderful books!